For any former University of California student who meets the following requirements:
- Admitted and successfully completed at least one semester or one quarter during a regular term (Fall, Winter, or Spring) at a University of California campus.
- Has not been enrolled at any University of California campus for at least two consecutive semesters or three consecutive quarters immediately prior to the term of admission for this program (not including summer terms).
- Earned a minimum of 2.0 cumulative GPA at 1) the University of California and 2) any other institutions attended, although exceptions can be made by the appeals committee.
- Completed a minimum of one (1) semester or one (1) quarter unit at the University of California campus upon successful matriculation and completion of at least one semester or one quarter during a regular term. There is no maximum number of units a student must have earned to be eligible for this program.
- Has not earned a bachelor’s degree from any college or university.
Available Options to Complete Your Degree
If you are unsure if you qualify for our Degree Completion Program, a Transfer or an Academic Reentry, compare the requirements for each program or schedule an advising meeting with us to discuss.
Comparison of Admissions Requirements Across Programs
|Requirement||Degree Completion Program||Lower Division UC Transfer||Upper Division UC Transfer||UC Merced Good Standing Reinstatement||UC Merced Poor Standing Reinstatement|
|Minimum Terms Away from any UC||
2 semesters (3 quarters)
|None||None||None||1 AY incl. summer|
|Minimum Cumulative GPA||2.0||2.0||2.4||2.0, if courses completed||2.0|
|Minimum Units Earned||1.0||1.0||60.0||None||None|
|Maximum Units Earned||None||59.9||80.0||None||None|
|Major Restriction||Yes, SSHA* only||No||No||No||No|
If you have not been away from any UC but are looking to transfer, you can apply via our Transfer Program. Visit our Transfer Program Requirements to learn about your options.
If you wish to be reinstated, visit our Academic Reentry Requirements to see what’s required.
You may also contact our Admissions Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting to discuss your options and program requirements.